Many universities in New Zealand have designed specific foundational programs to help international students enrol in the course of their choice. Such courses make it easier for students who are figuring out which courses to opt for or which course suits their requirements. Foundational courses prepare students for their undergraduate admissions. Qualifications in such programs are widely accepted in New Zealand and many Australian universities. It is designed to help students from Non-English speaking backgrounds as well to take admission into universities in New Zealand.
Program Overview and Duration
Foundation or pathway programs in New Zealand are not directly offered by the universities but are taught by various study groups that are associated with the universities which may have offered different program overviews depending on the course and the specific university. The duration of the course may usually range from 6 months to 12 months. And have three intakes including January or February, June or July, and September or October.
Benefits of Choosing Foundation or Pathway Programs in New Zealand
The following are the benefits of a foundation or pathway program in New Zealand:
- Foundation or pathway programs provide students with a personalized and supportive environment for learning.
- Students will get a chance to learn from highly qualified and experienced faculty
- The teachers provide guidance to students to develop and achieve their study goals
- Foundation or pathway programs are pretty flexible as they provide both online and offline modes of learning (in and outside the country)
- Students will learn using top-notch facilities. Many universities provide students gadgets like iPads and laptops to study.
Study Groups in New Zealand Offering Foundation or Pathway Programs
The following are study groups that offer foundational programs in New Zealand:
- University of Auckland
- Auckland University of Technology
- Taylors College
- Massey University Foundation
- Waikato Pathways College
- Victoria University Foundation
- Lincoln University Foundation
- Otago University Foundation
- Canterbury University
Foundation or pathway programs are designed to secure students’ admission to an undergraduate degree program at a certain university. For which the following criteria need to be fulfilled:
- A student must have achieved a minimum average score of the chosen foundation program
- A student must have a minimum score on English Language Proficiency Tests like IELTS
- Any other university-specific requirements must also be met for the undergraduate admission
How to Apply
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kick-start their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined!
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for Foundational or pathway programs in New Zealand.
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.