Settle In Australia With Your Family
The Australia Skilled Migration Program has opened up a plethora of options for professionals seeking to migrate to Australia. Australia offers immense opportunities to talented workers and the Skilled Migration Program helps professionals from a wide range of disciplines with varying documentation apply for Australian permanent residency. Genises Immigration can help you navigate the intricacies of this program and apply to the right subclass of visa with complete peace of mind.
Skilled Migration Program Details
- The Skilled Migration Program invites professionals whose profession is listed on the Skilled Occupations List to lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) in Skill select, which enables Australian immigration officials to evaluate your profile. There are varying subclasses under the Australia Skilled Migration Program and applicants must choose the one most appropriate for them. These subclasses are:
- Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189): A points-based visa for applicants who have not been nominated by an employer, state, territory or family member.
- Skilled – Nominated (subclass 190) Visa: A points-based visa for applicants who have been nominated by an Australian state or territory. You can apply for this visa even though you may not be nominated by an employer.Eligibility requirements
- Experience in a nominated occupation on Australia’s Skilled Occupations List
- The Subclass 190 visa is for aspiring immigrants who have the skills and abilities that are in demand in specific states of the country. However, these aspirants might not have the required points to qualify for a skilled independent visa under the Skilled Migration program. The visa is for skilled experts and tradespeople who can be nominated by an Australian state or territory.
- Skilled – Recognized Graduate Visa (subclass 476): With this visa, recent engineering graduates can work, live, or study in Australia for up to 18 months. Applicants should have completed an engineering course from a specific institution within the past 2 years. The applicant should be under 31 years of age.
- Graduate Temporary (Subclass 485) Visa: A visa for migrant students who have held a student visa in the last 6 months.
- Skilled – Nominated or Sponsored Provisional (Subclass 491) Visa: A points-based visa for applicants who are nominated by an Australian state or territory, or by a relative living in regional areas (i.e., except Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane, rest all considered as regional cities or areas), to live and work in regional areas. The applicant can move between regional areas. It is a temporary visa valid for 5 years and can be converted to PR after working for 3 years with a minimum threshold salary of AUD53,900 p.a. Applications of 491 subclasses are eligible for priority processing.
- Skilled Regional (Subclass 887) Visa: A permanent visa for migrants who currently hold other applicable visas.
Free Online Counselling
Eligibility For Australia Skilled
The Australia Skilled Migration Program requires all applicants to meet a certain minimum threshold of skills and abilities to apply for the visa. You will be assessed based on:
- Your age (must be below 45 years of age)
- Should have suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- Have required English language scores
- Have the occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list
- Should meet the 65 minimum threshold points.
- Meet Health and character assessment