Australia, without a doubt, is a top study abroad destination. Top-ranked universities, research facilities, and excellent career and future opportunities attract international students to study in Australia. The degrees achieved in the country are recognized all over the world.
Top reasons to study in Australia
Australia being a diverse country has a variety of opportunities for international students. Here are the main benefits of studying in Australia:
- Universities in Australia offer high-quality education as the courses offered to international students are closely monitored under strict guidelines.
- Australia encourages universities and students to focus more on research and innovation. The Australian universities are equipped with excellent research facilities.
- Australian people speak English, which makes it easy for most international students to get along easily without learning a new language.
- Degrees from Australian universities are highly accepted and valued by companies and other educational institutes across the world.
- Australia has a reputation for being safe, friendly, quiet, laid-back, and peaceful. International students are easily accepted by their fellow students and professors.
- Being a multicultural country, students can gain better knowledge and experience with their fellow students coming from different countries.
Eligibility to Study in Australia for international students
To study in Australia candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria of the respective universities. All the reputed universities in Australia will have a minimum score or cut-off. Above 60% marks is the minimum score requirement. This can differ when we talk about high-level universities and courses. Other than this, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
For Undergraduate course
- Must have completed Senior Secondary Level of qualification which means candidates must have completed the Class XII.
- Have attained the age of 17 years before the course commencement.
- Some universities may ask for SAT/ACT scores.
- Minimum English language test scores required by the university
For Postgraduate course
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent certificate or diploma from a recognized institution.
- A good GMAT/GRE scores
- Minimum English language test scores required by the university
Study in Australia requirements
Though the requirements to study in Australia will change with the courses and universities you choose, there are some basic requirements to be fulfilled. These requirements are mentioned below:
- Transcripts of the previous education
- Scorecards of IELTS or TOEFL or any other English language test scores. accepted by the respective university
- GMAT or GRE scorecard as required by the university.
- An identification certificates
- Passport Size Photographs
- CV / Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of purpose
List of colleges in Australia
Finding the right University to study abroad in Australia is not a big deal. Each college in Australia for international students offers a quality education. Here we have mentioned some of the good colleges in Australia:
- Curtin College
- Deakin College
- Edith Cowan College
- Eynesbury College
- Griffith College
- James Cook University College
- La Trobe College Australia
- South Australian Institute of Business and Technology
- Sydney Institute of Business and Technology
- La Trobe University Sydney Campus
- Charles Sturt University
- Western Sydney University International College
- Newcastle International College
- Western Sydney University Sydney City Campus
- Australian College of Applied Psychology
Study in Australia courses
Whether you are studying engineering or Economics, medicine or geology, there are plenty of different options and combinations to choose to study in Australian Universities. Here we have made a list of the Best courses to study in Australia:
- Business Management
- Medical Science
- Computing and IT
- Business Analytics
- Social Work
Study in Australia cost
The cost of studying in Australia is affordable compared to other top destinations of study abroad such as the USA and UK. A bachelor’s degree can cost you somewhere around AUD 15,000 to AUD 33,000 per year. The master’s degree can cost you around AUD 20,000 to AUD 37,000 per year. The tuition fees for universities in Australia for international students can vary widely and should always be researched with the relevant institution.
Living cost in Australia is expensive, and average monthly costs generally depend on the city you choose, with the most costly city being Sydney. International Students should have a budget between 2,500 to 3000 AUD per year to cover living costs while studying in Australia. The country also offers scholarships and also permits students to work part-time to support themselves financially.
Scholarships to study in Australia
Australia offers many scholarships and grants so that international students can support themselves financially with their studies. Here are a few scholarships in Australia for international students :
- International Student Academic Excellence Scholarship of Griffith University
- Deakin scholarships for international students
- JCU College Pathways Scholarships
- Sydney Institute of Business and Technology scholarships.
- Australian Government Research and Training Program
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Endeavour Leadership Program
Study in Australia after 12th
International students can not only choose to study in Australia after graduation but after 12th as well. There are plenty of options for students who want to Study after 12th in Australia. Bachelor’s courses in Australia are popular as master’s studies. To get admission in the courses in Australia after 12th, international students need to have a minimum of 65% in the 12th grade.
Study in Australia visa requirements
The student visa application process of Australia was quite complex before, but it has simplified its process in recent years. Here is the list of requirements for getting a student visa for Australia:
- Proof of enrolment or admission in the university in Australia.
- English Language Proficiency scores such as IELTS, TOEFL or PTE.
- Financial evidence: Proof that you have enough funds to support yourself during studies in Australia.
- Health insurance Requirements: Basic medical Exam and a compulsory Overseas Student Health Cover.
- Character certificate: You may be asked some questions based on your application for your character assessment and you might be required to submit a police certificate.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant: It is written proof that you will leave Australia once your studies are completed.
Work and Study in Australia
The Australian government allows international students on a study visa to work part-time for 20 hours a week. Paid internships are also a good option for international students wanting to gain work experience in Australia in their chosen field of study. Vacations are a good opportunity for students to make good money as there is no limit in Working hours during vacation.