Are you planning to study for masters abroad? And wondering which country to choose? If yes, then you do not need to worry anymore as you’re at the right place and at the right time. Demand for pharmacists has risen over the last few years and it has led to a lot of employment opportunities in the healthcare sector. A postgraduate degree in Pharmacy can definitely help you with a career boost. A wide range of career prospects is available for students who wish to pursue masters in pharmacy from New Zealand as top universities in New Zealand offer popular postgraduate degrees in pharmacy. Give the whole blog a read to know more about Masters in Pharmacy in New Zealand.
Why Study Masters of Pharmacy in New Zealand?
These are some of the important reasons why New Zealand is a popular study abroad destination for international students:
- New Zealand is one of the most preferred study destinations for international students.
- Studying in New Zealand is considered an excellent choice as it has an education system similar to that of the UK and is known for its academic success worldwide.
- Taking the cost of studying into consideration, New Zealand is also more affordable than the US, which is one of the popular study destinations.
- Apart from that, New Zealand is ranked among the top 10 peaceful and safest countries in the world.
Application Process to Study Masters in Pharmacy in New Zealand
In order to get into universities in New Zealand, the following is the basic application process students are required to follow. These may change slightly depending on the particular university rules.
- Select Your Dream University – The entire application process begins with shortlisting your dream universities and preferred courses. Students are required to keep two primary preferences in mind, their future goals and their qualification while selecting their course preferences. Once you have selected your program, create an account with the university and start filling out your personal information and academic history.
- Scan and Submit Documents – The second step is to scan all your documents individually and upload them onto the application form. If you are applying to multiple universities and courses, then you have to repeat this process for every course and university. Once you have submitted all the pertinent documents like academic transcripts, financial documents and English proficiency test scores then you can submit your application.
- Track Your Application – Once you have completed and submitted the application form, you easily track the status of your application to assess deadlines and fulfil any other pending requirements from your end.
- Accept Offer of Place – Once all the formalities have been completed, the university will assess your application and offer you a place with the department and course of your choice. You can either accept or decline the application. If you choose to accept the offer then you are required to pay the fees and secure your position!
- Apply for Visa and Fly Abroad – After accepting your place with your dream university, the application for a student visa begins. Students are required to secure accommodation, flight tickets, medical and health insurance, travel insurance before starting the student visa registration. The processing time for a New Zealand student visa is roughly 3-4 weeks. After you receive your visa, you fly abroad to your dream destination!
A student who has graduated from Masters in Pharmacy can find the below career opportunities on their path.
- Community pharmacist
- Hospital pharmacist
- Policy adviser
- Proprietor pharmacist
- Academic pharmacist
- Primary Health Organisation pharmacist
- Regulatory affairs pharmacist
- Specialist pharmacist e.g. mental health
- Prescribing pharmacist